COVID SAFETY – It is vitally important to us that all staff and guest feel safe and re assured when they visit our pub – whether for a 3 course meal, a quick pint or a long awaited break away. We have a one way system through the pub and plenty of signage to help you. We have hand sanitisers available and we do ask every guest to sanitise their hands as they enter our pub. We are offering table service throughout the pub, restaurant and beer garden, and there is plenty of space between each table so you may feel comfortable. In order to look after the safety of our fantastic team you will find there are less people working together at any one time and we are all adapting to new systems. We ask for your patience while we continue to learn what will work best to keep offering great service in this new world. Please see our KEY POINTS below for more detail.
DINE AND DRINK IN – We now have our new menus available for your to view on our FOOD page. We strongly recommend booking, particularly on weekends, but if you wish to pop down without a booking please see our host and we will do our best to fit you in.
TAKEAWAYS – We are offering our Pizzas and Fish & Chips only for takeaway. You are advised to pre order to book your slot as availability is limited. The price to takeaway these items is 20% off our main menu price.
SUMMARY OF KEY POINTS BELOW – we are focused on keeping staff and customers safe and reassured when they visit us, which will enable us to provide our fantastic service, delicious food and all round delightful time to the best of our abilities!
- Maximum booking size is 6 people
- Bookings can only be made by phone or email
- Diners are allocated 2 hours for their booking, please arrive promptly.
- All guests are expected to read signage regarding social distancing & conform to the one way system.
- Guest who do not observe social distancing will be refused service.
- Guests with children are requested to keep the children at the table with them. We can no longer provide colouring books and will have to entertain them with our wit alone.
- Guests may not gather in groups outside of the people in their booking
- Dogs are still welcome in the pub and beer garden.
- Our Disabled toilet is open to all and we have organise a small, safe, queuing system. Please follow signage and cleaning instructions. The ladies & gents toilets will be closed to guests.
Our 5 en suite letting rooms are back open and we are welcoming residents. We have devised a self check in system and lots of individual touches in our rooms so you feel safe and re assured during your stay. If you are booked to stay with us we ask that you contact the pub via phone or email to book a table if you wish to dine as numbers are limited at this time.
Any vouchers that were valid on 20th March 2020 will have their 6 month validity re started on the date we can open for dine in. This means you will have plenty of time to visit us in the future.
This has, and continues to be, a challenging time with many uncertainties. We will continue to make decisions step by step and keep you updated as best we can. We are incredibly grateful for all the support and kind wishes we have received during our closure and sincerely look forward to welcoming our customers back .
Wishing you all the best, Becky & Ash
A proper Lakeland pub
Fabulous comfort food
Simple and fresh but ridiculously tasty, all our food is locally sourced and made in our own kitchen.
We take our drinks seriously
Craft beers, local ales, a good sold wine list and lovingly created cocktails